Hi Parents and Caregivers
As the majority of our class are now at home, we have decided to provide you with some extra links and guidance to make ‘home learning’ a little easier for you. I hope you are all ok, I am here to support you at any time. Please contact me via email Anelise.email@example.com or on our class dojo app.
We found this video clip on my Facebook feed and thought that it really puts things into perspective.
Some useful youtube channels/websites you could use at home are:
- Art for Kids Hub
- Jack Hartmann
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Mr Thorne Does Phonics
- Storyline Online
- Vooks Books
- SciShow Kids
- The Learning Station
Online Learning Apps
Headsprout (Reading) IXL (Math and Literacy)
BugClub (Reading) Hit the Button (Math Fluency)
There are virtual tours you can access online, eg zoos, museums, Sydney Opera House…
If you want to help your child academically, we suggest that you revise what we have been teaching in the classroom this term. We don’t expect you to teach new concepts. Below is a summary of the concepts that we have been focusing on this term.
· Skip counting by 2, 5 and 10
· Counting forwards and backwards from any number between 0 and 100
· Simple addition and subtraction to 20 using counters & number lines
· Reading the time to the hour
· Partners to 10 ( numbers that you add together that equal 10)
· Identify single sounds
· Write simple sentences
· Write and read CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant. E.g cat dog peg mug …)
· Read stories to your child and ask them questions about the story.
· Practise writing letters and numbers.
· Encourage your child to write everyday (a shopping list, labels, a letter, make a poster, write a diary entry, creative writing….)
· This term we have been looking at ‘Family’. You could discuss and research your family tree.
· Talk to your child about how family has changed over time. What was family life like when you were a child or your child’s grandparents were children.
· What chores/jobs were done and how these have changed over time.
· Bug Club
· Teach Your Monster to Read
· Hit the Button
LETTERS AND SOUNDS PHASE 2
Reading CVC words
Blending sounds to read words
Skip count by 2, 5, 10
Count to 120
Partners to 10
How to ABA at home
Minecraft Education – Home Learning
Good Luck and stay safe Everyone !
Best Wishes from Mrs Edkins